23 September 2008

Its not happening...

Just when I was starting to actually look forward to my next event, the Whangarei Horse Trial was cancelled due to the rain & never ending mud that they had up there. I then had to scratch from the Rotorua Horse Trial as Flynn got a meaty abscess, that ended up coming out in 3 places, coronary band, heel & middle of frog. Ew!! Then in the middle of saddle fitting process, my darling little boy started playing up badly. Broncing, the works. Started to get really nappy & I couldn't do anything with him, so sent him out to Kirstin Kelly's for a month of boot camp. Turns out the poor boy just didn't like the Cair panels in the Bates saddles. As soon as we put him in a flock filled saddle, the hysterics ceased all together. I guess at least I got a nicely schooled pony out of it all!! On the plus side, before Flynn did go, we went out to a registered dressage day at Clevedon & got our dressage side of qualifying for Young Event Horse out of the way, complete with our first registered dressage points!!

No comments: