25 September 2008

Winter 2008 - Winter Show Jumping at Papatoetoe PC

Figured since Flynn had had quite a stop start summer season, with all his abscesses etc that I would keep him in work over winter to do the winter show jumping series at Papatoetoe PC (Formerly the NRM Series). It was every 3rd Sunday and I worked I could give him a week off after each one & still keep him fit enough to compete at them. This way giving a good balance between still being in work & still being able to have a break. I also figured he knew how to jump, so didn't jump him at home until the day before each one, just spent the time really working on our flat work and trying to get it nice & sorted before the new season started. We didn't get any ribbons at the series, but managed a top 10 finish in every class we entered, so finished the series in 15th place out of 69 entrants over the series. Had a couple of intersting days, had to do our first ever liverpool & our first ever skinny SJ. What a good boy, he just came round the corner, lined them up & just jumped them without hesitating. I honestly think that he's finally clicked on & starting to trust me, to just do what I've asked of him. Here are some random photos from the series, all of the photos are 1.05m except the orange upright which is 95cm. Photos care of Jannine








No comments: