24 September 2008

January 2008 - Hunua XC Practice

On Auckland Anniversary, I went with Jannine, Claire, Natalie & Cath to Hunua for a play on the XC course before the Hunua Horse Trial which was coming up. Had an absolute blast & even managed to talk myself into being brave & jumping the big ditch in the front paddock
& even jumped over a log into the water for the first time. Made Claire do the water first though, as wasn't sure I was going to be able to bluff him enough & really wanted him to jump in without hesitating about it. He flew straight in with her, so that was great & I hopped back on my attempt.

This is a good photo to show why I don't like doing water jumps on my horse... he loves to have a look whilst jumping in!


Then had a play around the simple jumps & he never hesitated over any of them. Touch wood but I think we've sorted the spookiness!!!!

No comments: